Ad Dynamo

Sunday 6 April 2014

How To Recover Folders From Shortcut Virus in USB Pendrive, PC, Hard disk, memory cards using cmd

 

I remember some time back when i had the shortcut virus problem, i had to format my entire drive thinking all hope was lost as my anti-virus program could only remove the virus but it did not recover my files that were turned to shortcut.
 At another instance,I had the same problem, but  much more important documents. I had to research on how to recover my files in the folders. I'm going to post it here in 4 easy steps, in case you encounter the same problem.




STEP 1: Plug in the flash, memory card or drive you want to recover your folders from to your computer



STEP 2: Go to "My Computer" check and note the letter that represents the plugged-in drive




STEP 3: Go to START -> RUN -> cmd. or Click the Start  button and search "cmd" then click to open



STEP 3: In the command prompt, Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d F:\*.*
 (Note: Replace the "F" with the letter you noted in step 2)

 


STEP 4: Once you hit the Enter button, give it some time to work. When you see the next line of command, go back to your drive, you will  see your folders. Delete the unnecessary files, and you are Good to go.






Drop a comment if it works for you! Cheers.

Go to Start -> Run -> cmd
Go to Start -> Run -> cmd
Go to Start -> Run -> cmd

No comments:

Post a Comment